Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dinner at Flying Beaver

I wanted to check out Flying Beaver for quite some time, but never had the chance. Their wing specials were one of the main reasons that attracted me. Jessica was in town and wanted to grab pub food. I wanted to go to Guildford Station Pub, but there were a hockey game tonight. There was no way we were going to get seated during their dollar beef rib special. I thought this restaurant was somewhere else. I didn't know it was close to the airport. Anyway, we sat in the enclosed patio, and the view was spectacular. Unfortunately, it was raining, but I can imagine how gorgeous it would be if it were sunny. The service was friendly and prompt. The menu had a great selection and offered beyond burgers. I ordered the Wild BC Salmon Wrap and The Beaver Damn to share while others ordered their Thursday special, Surf & Turf. The Beaver Damn contained a small selection from the appetizer section. Everything was great, except for the wings. I wish I choose another flavor. Salt and Pepper didn't do justice. The wrap was quite good. The salmon wasn't dry, and it felt as if I ate healthy. I switched sides for an order of poutine and it was overkill. The wraps alone were filling. The poutine got plated on a skillet which I thought was cool, but I was too full to enjoy it. We didn't go during their wing special night but overall the view was amazing. I definitely would come back for the drinks, wings and the atmosphere.

 photo 20130314_185727_resize_zps269dd558.jpg
 photo 20130314_191234_resize_zps3b65eac0.jpg
* The Beaver Damn *
 photo 20130314_192714_resize_zps7f50fa8f.jpg
* Surf & Turf *
 photo 20130314_192708_resize_zpsa2f71b48.jpg
* Wild BC Salmon Wrap *

Flying Beaver Bar & Grill on Urbanspoon

No comments: